Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Quick Salmon Salad Sandwich

After a short hiatus due to a crazy month- I'm back in the game of sharing my quick healthy meal concoctions! And in exactly one month, I will be headed on a month long vacation (I know, I live a tough life) where I will try my darndest to post about eating healthy while traveling even when you're in exotic crazy destinations.


Quick Salmon Salad Sandwich
Serves 1

1 Pepperidge Farms Whole Wheat hamburger bun (110 calories, 2g fiber)
1 package Chicken of the Sea Salmon
1 tablespoon Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon Olive Oil Mayo
½ cup spinach
3 slices diced tomato
1 tablespoon raisins
salt/pepper to taste

In a small bowl mix ingredients and serve on bun.

Nutrition Info:

231 calories, 5g fat, 0.5g saturated fat, 25g carbohydrates, 3g fiber, 6.8g sugar, 25g protein, 733mg sodium.

Dietitian Says:

If you have all the ingredients on hand, this can be thrown together and halfway gone in less than five minutes! That’s what I did today anyways. Awesome balance of carbs and protein, however, a little higher in sodium than I would like it (aim for less than 600mg per meal and less than 200mg for snacks). That can be compensated the rest of the day though. Also, packaged salmon, such as Chicken of the Sea kinds, can often be better than fresh because it is usually wild Alaskan salmon and not farm-raised Atlantic, which is poorer quality and has less omega-3s, which is the reason to eat it in the first place! Plus, packaged/canned salmon is super cheap! Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment