Friday, June 29, 2012

Day 2/32 Vacation

Great Day yesterday. Unfortunately I'm at the mercy of finding free wi-fi so posts may come up all at once even though I'm writing as I go. Had my second chicken sandwich after getting to La Guardia, meeting up with my sister, then realizing we still had a 45 minute wait for a bus, then had to switch to a shuttle. Anyways, after what felt like forever, we were finally reunited with my long time friend Kyle and his friend and we went out to lunch (of course right after I eat).

I'll have to say that it can be incredibly difficult to be at a table with other people who are eating when you decide not to. Eating for so many, myself included, is a social event and it's great to converse while enjoying great food, but tuning into those hunger cues are just as important too. I had to consciously tell myself "No, Sam. You are NOT hungry, you are full." Sounds ridiculous but by realizing I would only be eating for entertainment and acknowledging that made it easier to sit there and drink my water and I did have my sister's lettuce, tomato, and pickle from her burger, ha. Veggies are always free foods :)

This morning, Kyle and I got to go for a nice walk/run. Not sure if I mentioned it before, but I'm currently nursing a sprained ankle and was just cleared to start running again so I'm easing back into it after 3 months of just the elliptical (just not the same as outdoor running) and just finished brunch. Wasn't super hungry (see, tuning into those hunger cues again!) so I went for the yogurt with fruit and granola and unsweetened tea for a much needed caffeine fix. I may be annoying my friends/sister with my healthy options, BUT it's my body and I honestly feel so much better when I fuel my body with the good stuff. Of course, I will indulge. Hell, I'm on vacation, but it's a marathon of vacation so everything in moderation. Beach time!

No comments:

Post a Comment